Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idol Catches Disco Fever

The remaining 7 Idols which was the same number of contestants as last week since they saved Matt Giraud last week , worked hard into the night Monday rehearsing their songs and choreography with Michael Orland and Idol's sweetest Judge Paula Abdul on this weeks Disco theme here's how the night went down. First up was Lil who did another disappointing performance on what could've been amazing from her ,but she just didn't make it her own receiving little praise from the four judges. But then it was Kris who surprised many with his song choice of Donna Summer's "She Works Hard For The Money , which is about to quote Ryan Seacrest "a woman with a strong worth ethic" , Kris did awesome he totally changed the arrangement and made to his R&B alternative vibe which he does so well Kara said of the performance "I could like hear that on your album" Simon also praised Allen saying "You were able to do the complete opposite of the previous performance (Lil) it was original and unique and I loved it" . Allison was up next with another Donna Summers hit "Hot Stuff" ( all the Donna Summers songs brought me back to last years finale with all of girls ahh good times) anyway I wasn't a big fan of the arrangement slowing it down ,, but hey she can sing anything and the note she hit at the end wow! Randy seemed to agree with me pretty much saying the same "That I don't care how old you are you have one of the best voices in the competition" . Next up was Adam who I just have to say looked so adorable in his suit and tie and ironically him and I had our hair done the same way I promise I didn't plan it. Lambert sang "If I Can't Have You" From the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack he had totally slowed down the tempo of the song and you could feel the raw emotion in his voice much like in "Tracks Of My Tears" but with a bit more vigor , the performance brought Paula to tears telling Adam " I could feel the pain that you were singing as if you ripped out you heart on the stage " In other words she loved it also predicting to see him in the finals (fingers crossed:) Randy and Kara both championed the performance as one of the best and Simon remarked "It was one you will remember" good job Adam" .Also I have to give props to Danny for his rendition of Earth Wind And Fires "September" which was very entertaining and suited his voice well . Matt also tried to prove himself after the now Idol History Judges Save , singing The BeeGees "Staying Alive" which was pretty good in my opinion he kind of sounded like Justin Timberlake and Stevie Wonder I though , but what do I know all the judges except Paula weren't feeling it , but Abdul told him " I think you made it to stay alive in this competition". So did Kris "work hard enough to stay " did Allison " show enough of her stuff to keep her dream alive" , and Adam " If I can't have you in the competition I don't know what I'll do ". Tune in tomorrow @ 9/8c only on FOX for a double elimination :( and David Archuleta who'll perform "Touch My Hand " I'm sooooooooooo excited :)!!!



1 comment:

Zara said...

yeah todayyy totally rawkeddddddd..especially every1's favs adam, kris nd allison...i'm starting to like gokey too :)