Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cook's Album Track Review

Cookie's album , came out Tuesday and we all know have the power to listen to that voice whenever , we want to ,and like I did with Archie's album here is my track review of my favorite tracks on the album.
Declaration- we had our first taste of this song on Satuday Night Live and it rocked , the edginess ,but yet the ability for the song to be played with pop mainstream music was a clever stragety, not to mention a remarkable song , and I think it's what everyone wants to do make their "Declaration to anyone that's listening " , I love the song really catchy.
Heroes- Another great song on the album, and I have to give great credit for the producers and mixers ,on this song they took a sing with a simple message of the respect we hold for people that we consider our Heroes ,and put it to a killer beat . And the perfect emphasis on the right lyrics.
Bar-ba-sol- I still have no idea why the song is titled this ,but I'm sure there's a great explanation , what I do know is that this song ROCKS!!!!!!!! I love it , it shows Cook as the true rockstar he is ,and it releases him from any stigma anyone had attached to him as being a "wannabe rockstar" the edginess ,and just cool vibe of the song and not to mention the killer guitar solo on the song , "makes this song amazing".
Life On The Moon- now when I got the album I soley based an instant opinion on this song by only the title , but then I heard it and I'm completely hooked I can't stop playing it , the message of needing someone in a tom where everything is changing and you don't feel comfortable anywhere anymore , and just need someone to help you get through this strange place , is so relatable ,and here is my favorite lyric "here are my terms have some faith in me ,and i'l let you be what you need to be".
Lie- I think I would totall want the same treatment like in this song, the feeling of loving someone so much not wanting the relationship to end or the feeling of unrequited love , which is the feeling I feel most , you almost just want someone to lie to you so your heart won't break , so you can feel some sense of love and copmpanionship , is so common like" lie to met , tell me were gonna make it through the night , lie to me tell me that were gonna be alright , I don't mind if you wait before you tear me apart, so look me in the eye, and lie lie lie".
Mr. Sensitive- do I need an explanation for my liking this song it's all in the title.
A Daily Anthem- is just a great song it could totally define generation of youth and freespirit and the feeling of defining oneself and having their own thing that sets them apart and makes them unique, is really important and this song shows that and has an awesome melody and real raw lyrics , and another amazing guitar solo.
I also want to say great job to all the writers and producers and most of all David for working on this album , you can tell this was a forthright portrayal of him as an artist , and what a great artist he is , we are so proud of you David and we can't wait to hear more :)
Here is Davy, performing some of his songs 2 of the vids from Hard Rock Cafe and 1 from Do the Wright Thing Gala both in NYC.

2 comments:

Zara said...

u r so very rite abt all the songs ian, my favourite's declaration, he daily anthem and lies, actually i haven't heard the others properly it's just tht i can't stop listening to these three :?P
Zara
xxx

Jake said...

my favourite is permanent and lies
Others are amazing too
~Jake~