Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ed Westwick : Rockstar


Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick ,has another persona than the character Chuck Bass he plays, music has always been his passion , as he shows in his band The Filthy Youth (myspace.com/thefilthyyouth) , "I've always connected with music" says the 21 year old, "Life is not always what you see; it's what's in your head. Music is what comes out of your subconscious". His first experience in a band was when he was 6 years old "My brother and I had a band , Fangs of Fury, for about five minutes" "I just sat and watched him . So we were a two man band, with one man doing something. "Soon after his mom signed him up for piano lessons , but at that time his preference was soccer , so it was a struggle. It was only four years back that he picked up music again between acting gigs. "Gossip Girl feels like a regular job-it's so scheduled," "Music is my release ", So what influences him "I read Jim Morrison's philosophy behind music, It wasn't just about the songs; it was about a show. Onstage I'm a showman. I wouldn't say I'm a rockstar , though ...All in right , in my dream world I am." Ed also is the new spokes model for K-Swiss , the ads will show the actor holding guitars, tennis rackets, and tennis balls . Westwick beat out other stars considered for the campaign like Adam Levine, Neyo, and Mark Ronson, Congratulations:)

No comments: